Are you a tenured and experienced HR Generalist looking for part-time work, flexibility and work-life balance? Then All About Kids might be right for you! We have a Recruitment & Onboarding team as well as a Payroll Manager and full management staff, but we need an experienced human resources professional for 20-30 hours per week to assist our current staff and confidentially advise AAK leadership in the areas of: employee files, benefits administration, employee relations, orientation/training/development, worker's compensation, FMLA and Disability, performance reviews, terminations and hiring, w2 paperwork, and policy/procedure development.
This position is part-time in our Plainview office, remote work is possible after the initial training period and when the business needs do not require in-person activity.
- Develops and administers various human resources plans and procedures for all company personnel
- Participates in developing department goals, objectives and systems.
- Benefit administration, including member policy changes, invoice reconciliation, coordination of annual renewal of policies, staff trainings, respond to inquiries, and COBRA
- Renewals and implementation of all Insurances, including General Liability, Professional Liability, Automobile Liability, Excess / Umbrella Liability, and Workers' Compensation
- Implement all leave requests including Short-Term Disability and Family Medical Leave Act
- Administer and implement company policies across all offices
- Claim processing, including Workmen's Compensation, Short Term Disability, benefits, and unemployment insurance
- Administration of HR Resource Information System
- Work with Directors, Assistant Directors, Managers, and Supervisors to deal with conflict management between employees in all offices
- Unemployment insurance administration, including claim responses, court appearance, and collaboration with labor attorney
- Work collaboratively with AAK Medicaid Officer to ensure compliance for whistle blower laws and other
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- A bachelor's degree and five years of human resource experience, or 8+ years of experience in the HR field
- Strong employee relations skills
- Strong business and analytical skills
- Organizational and problem-solving skills-Essential
- Proficient with all Microsoft Office Suite Products
- SHRM Certified Professional - a plus!
- Must have the ability to lift heavy file boxes when necessary
All About Kids is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment in decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO