To process semimonthly payroll, coordinate all activity involved with processing payroll, provide quarterly and year end reports that require payroll information, complete employee verification and assist employees when issues arise.
- Ensure that payroll is processed accurately to comply with divisional, corporate, and government policies and procedures.
- Timely accurate submission of payroll and labor reports
- Maintains calendar indicating scheduled pay dates, pay increase dates, and dates when employees are to be added or discontinued to benefit programs that require payroll deductions.
- Checks calculations provided for fee for service employees from billing department to assure accuracy and proper payment.
- Follow up with billing department when discrepancies are discovered.
- Works with supervisors if there are any discrepancies in terms of authorized overtime, reasons for absences, either paid or unpaid to assure correct payment and records.
- Makes any required changes to employee information such as pay rates, salaries, change of address, withholding or regular deductions, and posts to the payroll system.
- Audits payroll register to ensure changes were made and payroll is accurate before it is final.
- Interprets company policies and government regulations affecting payroll procedures. Participates in the preparation of government reports.
- Provides additional support to Human Resources team as needed
· Associates Degree OR Business Accounting Certification OR 7+ years of experience in payroll processing minimally required.
· Three - five years of experience in payroll processing in a large organization required. Kronos a plus.
· Reliability in checking own work to ensure accuracy.
· Must have excellent interpersonal skills, attention to detail and follow through.
· Customer Service Oriented
· Accountable for actions
· Team player